Building Codes Division
Notice of Agenda
ELECTRICAL AND ELEVATOR BOARD
THURSDAY, May 22, 2003, 9:30 a.m.
Conference Room "A", Building Codes Division
1535 Edgewater NW, Salem, Oregon
I. BOARD BUSINESS
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Approval of the Agenda and Order of Business
D. Approval of the April 24, 2003 minutes
E. Date of the Next Regularly Scheduled Meeting: July 24, 2003
II. PUBLIC COMMENT
This time is set aside for persons wishing to address the board on matters not on the agenda. Speakers will be limited to five minutes. The board chair reserves the right to further limit or exclude
repetitious or irrelevant presentations. If written material is included, 20 three-hole-punched copies of all information to be distributed to board members should be given to the Recorder prior
to the meeting. Action will not be taken at this meeting on citizen comments. The board, however, after hearing from interested citizens, may place items on a future agenda so proper notice may
be given to all interested parties. If no one wishes to comment, the next scheduled agenda item will be considered.
A. Compliance Cases - Roseanne Nelson & Allen Aschim
Final Orders, Hearing Previously Held
1. Steven Carlson was assessed civil penalty for failure to complete code change class by required date, based on hearing held.
2. Paul Jenkins was denied an Oregon Supervisor's license, based on hearing held.
3. Gene Hughes, no civil penalty assessed, based on hearing held.
Order Denying Party Status
4. Gene Hughes, order denying petition by Kurt Misar to participate as party.
5. Renaud Electric Co., Inc., assessment of $6,000 for engaging in electrical work, while failing to continuously employ a general supervising electrician in
Clatskanie and Rainier.
6. Walter Steinbrook, TECO Electric, assessment of $4,000 for failing to ensure proper licenses, and allowing unlicensed individual to perform electrical installation
in West Linn.
B. Summary of compliance actions previously taken by the division for cases III.B.1-6 and 7-14.
(No board action required)
C. Legislative update - Andrea Simmons
D. Staff Report - John Powell
E. Staff Report - Jim Runyan
IV. COMMUNICATIONS - None
V. APPEALS - None
VI. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
Approve hearings officer's report on "Starter Label" / Phased Permitting rules with recommended changes. - Attached Rules
VII. NEW BUSINESS
A. Board approval of proposed rules with exemptions for Transformers and Prefabricated Construction Services and Traffic Management Systems. - Draft
Exemption Rules Attachment
B. Board approval of proposed draft reciprocal journeyman electrician agreement between the States of Idaho and Oregon. - Attachment
The Electrical and Elevator Board Policy Committee will meet following the board meeting.
The date of the next scheduled board meeting is Thursday, July 24, 2003, 9:30 a.m., at the BCD office in Salem. The June 26, 2003, Electrical and Elevator Board Meeting has been canceled.
Interpreter services or auxiliary aids for persons with
disabilities are available upon advance request.
Note: Vehicles with "E" license plates should
not be parked in "customer only" spaces.