Building Codes Division
Notice of Agenda
ELECTRICAL AND ELEVATOR BOARD
Regular Meeting Agenda
THURSDAY,December 18, 2003, 9:30 a.m.
Conference Room "A", Building Codes Division
1535 Edgewater NW, Salem, Oregon
I. BOARD BUSINESS
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Approval of the Agenda and Order of Business
D. Approval of the November 20, 2003, Board Minutes
E. Date of the Next Regularly Scheduled Meeting: February 26, 2004
II. PUBLIC COMMENT
This time is set aside for persons wishing to address the board on matters not on the agenda. Speakers will be limited to five minutes. The board chair reserves the right to further limit or exclude
repetitious or irrelevant presentations. If written material is included, 20 three-hole-punched copies of all information to be distributed to board members should be given to the Recorder prior
to the meeting. Action will not be taken at this meeting on citizen comments. The board, however, after hearing from interested citizens, may place items on a future agenda so proper notice may
be given to all interested parties. If no one wishes to comment, the next scheduled agenda item will be considered.
A. Compliance Cases - Roseanne Nelson & Allen Aschim
Final Order, hearing previously held
1. Kevin Garber, was denied an application for a Limited Maintenance Electrician license, based on hearing held.
2. John Myers, assessment of $3,000 civil penalty for failure to perform the duties of a general signing supervising electrician in Portland.
3. Russell Magnuson, assessment of $2,000 civil penalty for failure to perform the duties of a general signing supervising electrician in Hillsboro.
4. Michael Fowler, assessment of $8,000 civil penalty for failure to perform the duties of a general signing supervising electrician in Myrtle
Creek and Roseburg.
5. Vernon Loeks, assessment of $2,000 civil penalty for failure to obtain an electrical permit in Sherwood.
6. Walter Steinbrook, was served a notice of intent to revoke his General Supervisor license and Electrical Contractor's license, based on pattern
7. Anthony Borello, assessment of $6,000 civil penalty for allowing an unlicensed individual to make an electrical installation and without a
permit in Klamath Falls.
Denial of Application
8. Albert Abbruzzese, was denied an application for an Oregon General Journeyman Electrician license, based on insufficient work experience.
B. Summary of compliance actions previously taken by the division for cases III.B.1 through 5.
(No board action required)
C. BCD update
D. Electrical Chief's Report
E. Elevator Chief's Report
IV. COMMUNICATIONS - None
V. APPEALS - None
VI. UNFINISHED BUSINESS - None
VII. NEW BUSINESS
Board approval of BOLI Apprenticeship Standards.
(Summary report enclosed -with standards.)
The Electrical and Elevator Board Policy Committee will meet following the board meeting.
Interpreter services or auxiliary aids for persons
disabilities are available upon advance request
Note: Vehicles with "E" license plates should
not be parked in "customer only" spaces