Building Codes Division
Notice of AMENDED Agenda
Electrical and Elevator Board
Regular meeting agenda
Thursday, September 28, 2006, 9:30 a.m.
Conference Room "A," Building Codes Division
1535 Edgewater NW, Salem, Oregon
I. Board Business
A. Call to order.
B. Roll call.
C. Approval of agenda and order of business.
D. Approval of the July 27, 2006 regular board meeting minutes.
E. Date of the next regularly scheduled meeting: November 16, 2006.
F. Review of the 2007 board meeting dates.
II. Public Comment
This time is set aside for persons wishing to address the board on matters non-agenda items. Speakers are limited to five minutes. The board chair reserves the right to further limit or exclude
repetitious or irrelevant presentations. If written material is included, 20 three-hole-punched copies of all information should be given to the Recorder prior to the meeting to be distributed
to board members. No actions are on citizen comments. The board, however, after hearing from interested citizens, may place items on a future agenda so proper notice may be given to all interested
parties. If no one wishes to comment, the next scheduled agenda item will be considered.
A. Building Codes Division Administrator's report.
B. Enforcement cases.
1. Eric Eilers: Assessment of no civil penalty, based on hearing held.
2. Steve Parsons: Assessment of a civil penalty for failure to perform the duties of a signing supervising electrician
for allowing an unlicensed individual to perform an electrical installation.
3. Toby Parsons: Assessment of a civil penalty for making an installation without an electrical license.
4. Tye Parsons: Assessment of a civil penalty for preparing termination of an electrical transformer without
an electrical license.
5. Darren Luethe: Assessment of a civil penalty for making an installation without an electrical license.
6. Kennedy Fuel Company, Inc. - an HVAC/R contractor: Assessment of civil penalty for using unlicensed individuals to install a heat pump
in a private residence, and for failing to obtain permits. (Changed from number one to number six with no changes to the actual case file.)
Amended Proposed Order.
7. S & C Electric Company: Assessment of a civil penalty for permitting unlicensed individuals to perform
C. Summary of enforcement actions previously taken by the division for cases 1 through 24, outlined on the enforcement board report. (No board
D. Program updates.
Board review Addendum and Supplement for the Oregon Elevator Specialty Code.
V. Appeals - None
VI. Unfinished Business
Review proposed rule for partial exemption from electrical product certification requirement for distribution equipment operating over 600 volts for adoption.
VII. New Business
Board review and approve Division 040 Board Administration Rules and Bylaws.
The Electrical and Elevator Task Force will meet directly following the board meeting.
IT IS REQUESTED THAT VEHICLES WITH "E" PLATES NOT BE
PARKED IN "CUSTOMER ONLY" SPACES.
INTERPRETER SERVICES OR AUXILIARY AIDS FOR PERSONS WITH
DISABILITIES ARE AVAILABLE UPON ADVANCE REQUEST.