Members are appointed by the governor, subject to confirmation by the state senate.
With the passage of House Bill 2005, the Mechanical Board consists of 10 members to include the following representation:
- A representative of the plumbing industry
- A sheet metal and air conditioner contractor
- A municipal mechanical inspector
- A heating, venting, and air conditioning contractor
- A heating, venting, and air conditioning installer
- A sheet metal and air conditioner installer
- A representative of a natural gas company or other
- A building official; and one public member
- An insulation craftsperson who has experience with heat and frost insulation
Note: Either the sheet metal and air conditioner
contractor or the heating, venting and air conditioning
contractor must be an owner or operator of a contracting
business employing 10 or fewer persons at the time of
the member’s appointment to the term.