Members are appointed by the governor, subject to confirmation by the state senate.
The Mechanical Board consists of nine members with four
year terms to include the following representation:
- A representative of the plumbing industry
- A sheet metal and air conditioner contractor
- A municipal mechanical inspector
- A heating, venting, and air conditioning contractor
- A heating, venting, and air conditioning installer
- A sheet metal and air conditioner installer
- A representative of a natural gas company or other
- A building official; and one public member
Note: Either the sheet metal and air conditioner
contractor or the heating, venting and air conditioning
contractor must be an owner or operator of a contracting
business employing 10 or fewer persons at the time of
the member’s appointment to the term.