State of Oregon
Building Codes Division
OREGON STATE PLUMBING BOARD
Friday, December 19, 2003, 9 a.m.
Conference Room "A", Building Codes Division
1535 Edgewater NW, Salem, Oregon
I. BOARD BUSINESS
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Approval of the Agenda and Order of Business
D. Approval of the
October 17, 2003, Board Minutes
E. Date of the Next Regularly Scheduled Meeting: February 21, 2004
F. Review the 2004
Board meeting dates
II. PUBLIC COMMENT (10 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.)
This time is set aside for persons wishing to address the board on matters
not on the agenda. Speakers will be limited to five minutes, unless extended
by the board chair. If written material is included, 15 copies of all
information to be distributed to board members should be given to the
Recorder prior to the meeting. Action will not be taken at this meeting
on citizen comments. The board, however, after hearing from interested
citizens, may place items under new business on a future agenda so proper
notice may be given to all interested parties. If no one wishes to comment,
the next scheduled agenda item will be considered.
A. Compliance Cases - Roseanne Nelson and Allen Aschim
Final Orders, Hearing Previously Held
1. Paul Rychlick, was issued a proposed order recommending that the Board revoke his plumbing license and assess a civil penalty, based on hearing
2. Rod Johnson, assessment of $2,000 civil penalty, based on hearing held.
3. Ronald Nearing, was issued a proposed order recommending that the Board revoke his plumbing license and assess a civil penalty, based on hearing
4. Columbia Heating & Cooling, Inc., assessment of $3,000 civil penalty for permitting or suffering another individual, to making
a plumbing installation without a license in Tualatin.
5. Gary Laubscher, assessment of $1,000 civil penalty for making a plumbing installation without a license in Sheridan.
6. Michael Copeland, assessment of $1,000 civil penalty for making plumbing installations without a license in Salem.
Individual wishes to speak to the Board regarding Consent Order
7. Melvin Harrington, requesting penalty reduction on license violation.
B. Summary of compliance actions previously taken by the Division for cases III.B.1 through 10.
(No board action required)
C. Staff and Committee Reports
1. BCD Update
2. Plumbing Code Interpretation Committee Report
3. Code Change
IV. COMMUNICATIONS - None
V. APPEALS - None
BREAK - 15 MINUTES (Approximately 10:30 a.m.)
VI. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
A. Administrative Rule for Exempt Ordinary Minor Repairs - A new task force was formed by the Board to redraft the rules
and met September 11, 2003. The task force created a revised draft rule that was approved for public hearing by the Board at the October meeting. A public hearing was held December 16, 2003. The
Hearings Officer's report will be presented at this Board meeting with a request for adoption of the rule.
Hearings Officer's Report (Late Submission)
B. Non-Flush Urinals for Oregon Parks and Recreation Facilities - Review of revised Interpretive Ruling No. 01-4. This
item was tabled at the August and October meetings for further consideration at the December meeting.
C. Revised Air Admittance
Valve (AAV) Standards - A request has been received to approve the revised
ASSE performance standards 1050 and 1051. These standards are for AAV's
used in plumbing drainage systems for venting. The standards were revised
in August 2002.
VII. NEW BUSINESS - None
IT IS REQUESTED THAT VEHICLES WITH "E" PLATES
NOT BE PARKED IN "CUSTOMER ONLY" SPACES.
INTERPRETER SERVICES OR AUXILIARY AIDS FOR PERSONS
WITH DISABILITIES ARE AVAILABLE UPON ADVANCE REQUEST.