Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only

Alternate Method Ruling

A person or a building official may request an alternate method ruling on the acceptability of any material, design, or method of construction under ORS 455.060.

The request must be in writing. The division provides a form for use by customers. Anyone besides a building official requesting a ruling may not use the material, design, or method unless the division issues a ruling. The appropriate advisory board provides the division an approval of the scientific and technical facts before a ruling is issued. For more information refer to OAR 918-008-0075, 918-008-080, and 918-008-0095.

Alternate Method Ruling Application
email form: BCD.PTSPtech@oregon.gov
#2936c - PDF | Word