Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only

Information for Manufacturers and Converters

Manufacturers and converters of recreational vehicles must register with the Division if it produces or intends to produce two or more recreational vehicles per year that require and Oregon insignia of compliance. An Oregon insignia of compliance is required on recreational vehicles sold, rented, leased, or offered for sale, rent or lease in Oregon, unless exempted under ORS 446.155.

Registration Application (form also used for updating manufacturer's information)

Manufacturers and converters may also become certified with the Division. Certification requires manufacturers to have an approved quality control manual and plans. Certification allows manufacturers to purchase Oregon insignia of compliance in bulk.

Manufacturers and converters electing not to become certified must request an inspection request for vehicles requiring Oregon insignia of compliance. Request for inspection must be made in writing using the division's Recreational Vehicle Inspection and Insignia Request Application. Inspection requests may be mailed or faxed to the division.

If you have questions or need further information regarding registration, certification, or whether or not a vehicle requires an Oregon insignia of compliance, contact the Recreational Vehicle and Parks Program at 503-373-7542 or email staff.

Specific information for manufacturers and converts can be found in Oregon administrative rules for the following:

The state of Oregon adopts nationally recognized model codes with Oregon specific amendments as the minimum safety standards for the construction, conversion, alteration, and repair of recreational vehicles. To see the current minimum safety standards adopted, see OAR 918-525-0040. Specific Oregon amendments have been adopted in OAR 918-525-0042.

For information on how to obtain copies of the minimum safety standards adopted by the division, see our page on Code Book Ordering Information.