Building Codes Division (BCD)
The building safety program adopts construction codes for 13 specialty areas, licenses trade workers and businesses, and oversees a statewide inspection system. Cities and counties administer a single code throughout Oregon, ensuring minimum standards and consistency.
- Adopting and administering uniform statewide building codes.
- Providing building code and rule interpretation.
- Assisting local government building departments and facilitating dispute resolution.
- Enforcing license, code, and permit requirements.
- Certifying inspectors and licensing trade professionals.
- Facilitating economic development efforts around the state.
- Conducting inspections where local entities do not.
Printable flier | website