Building Codes Division
Notice of Agenda
ELECTRICAL AND ELEVATOR BOARD
Regular Meeting - Amended Agenda
THURSDAY, September 25, 2003, 9:30 a.m.
Conference Room "A", Building Codes Division
1535 Edgewater NW, Salem, Oregon
Note: This is a Regular meeting.
I. BOARD BUSINESS
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Approval of the Agenda and Order of Business
D. Approval of the July 24, 2003, Board Minutes
E. Date of the Next Regularly Scheduled Meeting: October 23, 2003
II. PUBLIC COMMENT
This time is set aside for persons wishing to address the board on matters not on the agenda. Speakers will be limited to five minutes. The board chair reserves the right to further limit or exclude
repetitious or irrelevant presentations. If written material is included, 20 three-hole-punched copies of all information to be distributed to board members should be given to the Recorder prior
to the meeting. Action will not be taken at this meeting on citizen comments. The board, however, after hearing from interested citizens, may place items on a future agenda so proper notice may
be given to all interested parties. If no one wishes to comment, the next scheduled agenda item will be considered.
A. Compliance Cases - Roseanne Nelson & Allen Aschim - Report - Flowchart
1. Frank Pausz, license revocation for electrical contractor's license, and electrical general supervisor's license.
2. Anatoliy Bogoslavets, assessment of $4,000 civil penalty for allowing an unlicensed individual to make an electrical installation in Fairview.
3. Connections Electric Inc., assessment of $2,000 civil penalty for installing electrical light and power wiring, for the account of another,
without a permit in Albany.
4. Stephen Cavallaro, assessment of $4,000 civil penalty for failure to perform the duties of a general signing supervising electrician to ensure
proper permits were issued and signed for the installation of electrical wiring, a 30 amp breaker, and three receptacles in Enterprise.
5. Scott Caul, respondent has requested to appear before the board.
B. Summary of compliance actions previously taken by the division for cases III.B.1-9, 10-19,
(No board action required)
C. Legislative update - Andrea Simmons
D. Staff Report - John Powell
E. Staff Report - Jim Runyan
- Elevator Safety Program Plan Submittal Report
- Active Elevators
- Total Finaled Units
- Program Monthly Statistics
- Scheduled vs Completed Annual Safety Inspections
- Elevator Plan Submittals
- Completed Annuals by Area
IV. COMMUNICATIONS - None
V. APPEALS - None
VI. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
A. Board approve hearings officer's report - OAR 918-309-0030, residential permit fees
(Memo and rules combined)
B. Board approve hearings officer's report on semiconductor electrical industrial manufacturing equipment approval requirements. (Late Submission)
VII. NEW BUSINESS
Request for waiver of continuing education for Cindy A. Burns
(Memo and request combined)
1. The Electrical and Elevator Board Policy Committee will meet following the board meeting.
Interpreter services or auxiliary aids for persons with
disabilities are available upon advance request.
Note: Vehicles with "E" license plates should
not be parked in "customer only" spaces.