Building Codes Division
Notice of AMENDED Agenda
ELECTRICAL AND ELEVATOR BOARD
Regular Meeting Agenda
THURSDAY,August 4, 2005, 9:30 a.m.
Conference Room "A", Building Codes Division
1535 Edgewater NW, Salem, Oregon
I. BOARD BUSINESS
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Approval of the Agenda and Order of Business.
D. Approval of the May 26, 2005 regular board meeting minutes.
E. Date of the Next Regularly Scheduled Meeting: September 22, 2005.
II. PUBLIC COMMENT
This time is set aside for persons wishing to address the board on matters not on the agenda. Speakers will be limited to five minutes. The board chair reserves the right to further limit or
exclude repetitious or irrelevant presentations. If written material is included, 20 three-hole-punched copies of all information to be distributed to board members should be given to the Recorder
prior to the meeting. Action will not be taken at this meeting on citizen comments. The board, however, after hearing from interested citizens, may place items on a future agenda so proper notice
may be given to all interested parties. If no one wishes to comment, the next scheduled agenda item will be considered.
A. Building Codes Division Administrator’s report.
B. Program updates.
C. Enforcement cases.
1. Globe Building & Electrical Contractors, Inc., approval of final order assessing penalties for allowing an electrical installation without
a journeyman’s license, based on hearing held.
2. Bari Swartz, approval of final order assessing penalties for failure to perform the duties of a supervising electrician for allowing an unlicensed
individual to perform an electrical installation, based on hearing held.
3. Oron Tipton, approval of final order assessing penalties for making an electrical installation without a journeyman’s license, based on hearing
4. John Allen Rigsby, approval of final order assessing penalties for making an electrical installation without a contractor license, supervising,
or journeyman electrician’s license and permit, based on hearing held.
5. Jurgen Bevard, approval of final order denying application for a Limited Energy Technician Class B license.
6. Trimble Commercial Contractors, Inc., approval of settlement agreement and stipulated final order on reconsideration.
7. Source Refrigeration & HVAC, INC., A California Corporation, assessment of penalties for allowing a licensed individual to make an electrical
installation beyond the scope of the license.
D. Summary of enforcement actions previously taken by the division for cases III.D.1 through 14 outlined on the enforcement board report.
(No board action required)
IV. COMMUNICATIONS - None
V. APPEALS - None
VI. UNFINISHED BUSINESS - None
VII. NEW BUSINESS
A. Board review and approve continuing education draft rules for rulemaking hearing.
B. Board review of statewide alternate method for splicing of underground equipment grounding conductors. (LATE SUBMISSION)
The Electrical and Elevator Board's Policy Committee meeting will meet following the board meeting.
Interpreter services or auxiliary aids for persons
disabilities are available upon advance request
Note: Vehicles with "E" license plates should
not be parked in "customer only" spaces