Building Codes Division
Notice of Agenda
ELECTRICAL AND ELEVATOR BOARD
Regular Meeting Agenda
THURSDAY, January 26, 2006, 9:30 a.m.
Conference Room "A"; Building Codes Division
1535 Edgewater NW, Salem, Oregon
I. BOARD BUSINESS
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Approval of the Agenda and Order of Business.
D. Approval of the November 17, 2005 regular board meeting minutes.
E. Date of the Next Regularly Scheduled Meeting: March 23, 2006.
II. PUBLIC COMMENT
This time is set aside for persons wishing to address the board on matters not on the agenda. Speakers will be limited to five minutes. The board chair reserves the right to further limit or exclude repetitious or irrelevant presentations. If written material is included, 20 three-hole-punched copies of all information to be distributed to board members should be given to the Recorder prior to the meeting. Action will not be taken at this meeting on citizen comments. The board, however, after hearing from interested citizens, may place items on a future agenda so proper notice may be given to all interested parties. If no one wishes to comment, the next scheduled agenda item will be considered.
A. Building Codes Division Administrator's report.
B. Enforcement cases.
REQUEST FOR EXTENSION OF TIME TO SUBMIT WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS.
1. Harding Electric, Inc. Consider request from respondent’s counsel for extension of time to submit written exceptions to amended proposed order.
2. Elmer Lloyd Kimery. Consider request from respondent’s counsel for extension of time to submit written exceptions to amended proposed order
3. Bruce Hughes, assessment of civil penalty for failure to perform the duties of a signing supervisor ensuring that an installation met minimum safety standards.
4. Argo Enterprizes Ltd., DBA Argo Electric Ltd., assessment of civil penalty for making an installation that failed to meet minimum safety standards.
5. Gerald Betts, assessment of civil penalty for failure to perform the duties of a signing supervisor allowing an unlicensed individual to make an electrical installation.
6. Altec Electric, LLC, a limited liability corporation, assessment of civil penalties for allowing an unlicensed individual to make an electrical installation.
C. Summary of enforcement actions previously taken by the division for cases III.C.1 through 20 outlined on the enforcement board report. (No board action required)
D. Program updates.
IV. COMMUNICATIONS - None
V. APPEALS - None
VI. UNFINISHED BUSINESS - None
VII. NEW BUSINESS
A. Board review and approval of utility exemption draft proposed rules for hearing.
B. Board review equivalency request from Larry Freimark to sit for a limited residential exam.
C. Board review equivalency request from Bruce Fleming to sit for a general supervising electrician exam.
D. Board review equivalency request from George Turc to sit for a general supervising electrician exam.
E. Board review equivalency request from Michael G. Austin to sit for a limited maintenance electrician exam.
The Electrical and Elevator Board’s Policy Committee meeting was canceled.
Interpreter services or auxiliary aids for persons
disabilities are available upon advance request
Note: Vehicles with "E" license plates should
not be parked in "customer only" spaces