State of Oregon
Building Codes Division
Notice and Agenda
OREGON STATE PLUMBING BOARD
Friday, April 18, 2003, 9 a.m.
Conference Room "A", Building Codes Division
1535 Edgewater NW, Salem, Oregon
I. BOARD BUSINESS
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Approval of the Agenda and Order of Business
D. Approval of the December 20, 2002, Board Minutes
E. Date of the Next Regularly Scheduled Meeting: June 20, 2003
II. PUBLIC COMMENT (10 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.)
This time is set aside for persons wishing to address the board on matters not on the agenda. Speakers will be limited to five minutes, unless extended by the board chair. If written material
is included, 15 copies of all information to be distributed to board members should be given to the Recorder prior to the meeting. Action will not be taken at this meeting on citizen comments. The
board, however, after hearing from interested citizens, may place items under new business on a future agenda so proper notice may be given to all interested parties. If no one wishes to comment,
the next scheduled agenda item will be considered.
A. Compliance Cases - Roseanne Nelson and Allen Aschim
Final Orders, Hearings Previously Held
1. Daniel Vincent, was found in violation of arranging for or making a plumbing installation without a permit based on hearing
2. Roger Helland, was found in violation of making a plumbing installation without a permit based on hearing held.
3. Barrich, Inc., assessment of $3,000 civil penalty for allowing an unlicensed individual to make a plumbing repair to a water
line in Beaverton.
4. Ferree Associates, LLC, assessment of $3,000 civil penalty for allowing an unlicensed individual to make a plumbing installation without a license or permit in
5. Gary Ford, assessment of $2,000 civil penalty for allowing an unlicensed individual to make a plumbing installation in Bend.
B. Summary of compliance actions previously taken by the division for cases III.B.1., through 13. (No board action required)
C. Staff and Committee Reports
1. Administration Report - Mark Long
2. Legislative Update - Andrea Simmons
IV. COMMUNICATIONS - None
V. APPEALS - None
BREAK - 15 MINUTES (Approximately 10:30 a.m.)
VI. UNFINISHED BUSINESS - None
VII. NEW BUSINESS
A. Interpretive Ruling No. 03-1 - The division received a request for an interpretive ruling for various models of catch basins manufactured by Nyloplast-ADS,
B. Interpretive Ruling No. 03-2 - The division received a request for an interpretive ruling for a stainless steel hot and cold water distribution system
from Victaulic Company of America.
C. Draft administrative rule for exempt ordinary repairs - A task force was formed by the board and met March 11, 2003. The task force created a draft rule
which defines ordinary minor plumbing repairs that do not require a plumbing permit.
D. Amended Interpretive Ruling No. 02-1 - Gibson Steel Catch Basins requests amendment to the interpretive ruling to include a new type of catch basin that
uses filtration and no sump.
E. Interpretive Ruling No. 03-3 - The division received a request for an interpretive ruling for a catch basin that is trapped by a plastic baffle with an
integral cleanout plug from Jensen Precast.
VIII. Executive Session to deliberate on Proposed Notice of Civil Penalty.
IT IS REQUESTED THAT VEHICLES WITH "E" PLATES NOT BE PARKED IN "CUSTOMER ONLY" SPACES.
INTERPRETER SERVICES OR AUXILIARY AIDS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE AVAILABLE UPON ADVANCE REQUEST.