1. Complete all required application forms for the license or certification type.
2. Pay the appropriate fee.
3. Send application documents (if a registration form and photo identification are required, the form and photo should be included) with fee to:
DCBS Fiscal Services
PO Box 14610
Salem, OR 97309-0445
4. The Building Codes Division reviews your application. Incomplete applications may be returned and fee(s) forfeited.
5. If an
application is complete, it will be approved or denied based upon the applicant's reported experience and/or education.
6. Denied applicants will be notified of appeal rights and process.
7. If an examination is required, approved applicants are sent a letter authorizing examination, the examination locations and contact information. Passing grade is 75% for all examinations.
8. If no examination is required, approved applicants are sent either a registration form and photo identification instructions (if appropriate), or a license or certificate.
9. Applicants failing the examination may reapply and retest:
- OIC - Anytime
- All other license and certifications - 30 days after each failure
This does not apply to Master Builder Certificate of Competency.
10. After passing the exam and paying all fees, Building Codes Division processes and mails the license or certificate.
Questions? E-mail License.BCD@state.or.us