Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only

Park Development

The following is a list of items that need to be submitted to the authority having jurisdiction when a recreational park, organizational camp, manufactured dwelling park, or picnic ground is being proposed.


Local Planning and Zoning approval for the park.


DEQ and Health Department approvals when required.


Submit two sets of plans for park construction to the authority having jurisdiction


Information to be shown on plans includes but is not limited to;


A cover sheet showing:


    The name of the park.
    The name of the owner.
    The name of the operator.
    The name of the person or company that prepared or submitted the plans.
    An explanation of the symbols used.


Plot plan showing name and a "to scale" layout of the park, both existing and  proposed construction, number and location of toilet facilities, boundary lines, property lines, space layout with individual space identification including tent spaces, roads, fire hydrants, park buildings, lighting, dump stations, garbage facilities, and an explanation of symbols used. 


Typical space layout showing space dimensions, location of sewer inlet, water riser, and electrical supply. 


Cross section of roads and stand construction showing size and depth of aggregate and type of surface. 


The person submitting area development plans for a recreational park must have prior local planning and/or zoning approvals, sewer system approval by DEQ, and water supply approval by the Health Department.  Refer to the attached flow chart for Recreational Park, Organizational Camp, and Manufactured Dwelling Park Permits for additional information. 



Parks Flow Chart


When two sets of plans and area development plan review fees are received, a plan review will be performed.  The Parks Section will not retain or return excessive plans submitted.  Upon approval of the plans, the applicant may purchase an area development permit and begin construction. 


When the park is completed, and all phases of area development construction have been approved, the owner must apply to the Health Department for an operating license. 


Recreational Parks & Organiztional Camps:   OAR 918-650


Manufactured Dwelling Parks:   OAR 918-600


Oregon Manufactured Dwelling and Park Specialty Code (2002 Edition)