Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only

Park Development


This page contains general information relating to the construction, alteration, or enlargement of manufactured dwelling parks, manufactured home parks, recreation parks, or organizational camps. Specific requirements for each type of park is provided below.

Whether you are constructing, altering, or enlarging a park, also known as "Park Development", certain requirements must be met prior to work beginning on the park. For example:

  • Planning approval.
  • Zoning approval.
  • Environmental Quality or Health department approvals, when required.
  • Building department "Park Development" permit.
  • Approved plans, when required.

Permits for structural, mechanical, plumbing, or electrical are not typically included with the "Park Development" permit. Separate permits must be obtained for work in these areas, when required.

Contact your local building department to obtain specific information and a "Park Development" permit application.

This flowchart provides an overview of how the process typically works.

Administrative and code requirements for manufactured dwelling parks or manufactured home parks can be found in:

Administrative and code requirements for recreation parks and organizational camps can be found in:

Fees for plan review, permits, and inspections contained in OAR 918-600 and OAR 918-650 apply only to plans, permits, and inspections issued by the state Building Codes Division in areas of the state where the division administers the building inspection program.