Code Change Classes
Change Class Schedule
If you have not taken the required code change class for
your certifications from BCD, there are additional opportunities*
for the following codes:
- 2014 Oregon Electrical Specialty Code (OESC)
- 2014 Oregon Mechanical Specialty Code (OMSC)
- 2014 Oregon Plumbing Specialty Code (OPSC)
- 2014 Oregon Residential Specialty Code (ORSC)
(This class includes residential electrical and
plumbing. Although structural and mechanical is included
in this class, it is not required.)
- 2014 Oregon Structural Specialty Code (OSSC)
*Classes are held at the Chemeketa Business Center in Salem.
The class fee is $125.00
BCD has compiled a list of those who have taken 2014 code
change classes. Click here
to view the list. Everyone who has an inspector
or plans examiners certification needs to take a code change
class for each specialty code they have certification in.
If you hold a residential structural or mechanical certification,
a code change class is not required for the 2014 code cycle.
Class Registration Requirements
Pre-Registration: Simply complete the Registration
Form and submit payment 2 weeks prior to the date of
the seminar you wish to attend. Your registration will be
confirmed via email once your payment has processed. Please
do not email application.
Registering at the last minute? Bring your completed
Form to class with your payment. Note: Available seating
can not be guaranteed for last minute registrations.
Please email Training.BCD@oregon.gov
or contact Dana Fischer at 503-373-7509 with any questions.
Oregon Inspector Certification (OIC)
This class is designed for those who are new to the building
industry and will be working in Oregon. The class highlights
roles and responsibilities of Building Officials, Inspectors
and Plans Examiners.
To register for an upcoming class or to be placed on the
waiting list, please email Training.BCD@oregon.gov
or contact Dana Fischer at 503-373-7509.
All classes are held at the Salem BCD office from 8:00
a.m. to 12:00 p.m.,
1535 Edgewater St. NW, CR C, Salem, OR 97304.
- Thursday, February 5, 2015 - Registration
Form CLASS IS FULL
- Friday, April 10, 2015 - Registration
- Friday, June 12, 2015 - Registration
- Friday, August 7, 2015 - Registration
- Friday, October 9, 2015 - Registration
- Friday, December 11, 2015 - Registration
Inspector Training Courses
Form (Please do not email application)
Residential Electrical Inspector Training Course
Residential Plumbing Inspector Training Course
Questions? Please email Training.BCD@oregon.gov
or contact Dana Fischer at 503-373-7509 for more information.
Building Official Orientation -
Class is intended for new Building Officials
Available classes (classes are two consecutive days
and are scheduled for each quarter):
- Wednesday, January 14th and 15th
- Wednesday, April 22nd and 23rd
- Wednesday, July 15th and 16th
- Wednesday, October 14th and 15th