Why were here?Managing safetyLooking for hazardsRecording injuriesReporting injuriesDisplaying postersMeeting for safetyTraining for safetyStaying informed Our servicesResourcesOregon OSHAOur rules

Recording injuries

If you have 10 or more employees, you may need to:

  • Record their injuries and illnesses on a form called the OSHA 300 Log
  • Summarize that information on a form called the OSHA 300-A

Both forms — and instructions on how to complete them — are in our publication, OSHA forms for recording work-related injuries and illnesses. Because it takes time to record an injury or illness on the OSHA 300 Log, the fewer injuries or illnesses you have, the less time you’ll spend doing paperwork.

You need to post the OSHA 300-A where employees can see it, no later than Feb. 1 each year.

Do you have questions about how to complete the OSHA 300 Log? Call the Department of Consumer and Business Services, Information Management Division, 503-378-8254.

Learn more about recording injuries: See our Recordkeeping and reporting web page.






Questions about this site? Contact Ellis Brasch: ellis.k.brasch@state.or.us.
We want you to understand what you read.