General filing tips for health advertisements
Advertisements that require Prior Approval:
- Advertisements when an application is attached (tear or cut off).
- Direct-mail or solicitation to seniors.
- Medicare supplement.
- Advertisement used for new health products offered by the insurer.
- Long term care.
The following Product Standards must be completed and submitted:
- Standards for Health Application, (Form No. 440-2442H) if the advertisement is attached to an application.
- Transmittal and Product Standards for Health Advertisements (Form No. 440-3308H).
Filing Methods: Health advertisement forms may be submitted via SERFF or paper filing.
Paper Filings: When filing a revision of a previously approved advertisement via paper form, the filing must include a clean copy of the new advertisement, a marked copy of the old advertisement which clearly identifies the differences referred to as the "red-line" version, and a completed Transmittal and Standards for Health Advertisements (Form No. 440-3308H). Form numbers on transmittal and cover letter submitted with filing must reference the form number on the advertisement EXACTLY.
SERFF Filings: If filing via SERFF, a copy of the previously approved advertisement (or a redline copy) must be included in the filing on the Supporting Documents Tab. The revised form must be attached to the Form Schedule Tab with a new form number or revision date, mark the submission item as a revised form including the SERFF filing number under which the form was previously approved and the original form number. Form numbers on the transmittal, filing description or cover letter submitted with filing must reference the form number on the advertisement EXACTLY.
An insurer may file any advertisement for review and approval by the Oregon Insurance Division.