Health Insurance Reform in Oregon
Federal health reform makes important changes to health insurance starting Jan. 1, 2014
If you are a consumer
- Every Oregonian can get insurance, even if they have a pre-existing condition.
- Most people must have health insurance.
- Financial help will be available to those who need it through Cover Oregon, the health insurance exchange.
- There are new lower caps on deductibles.
- All plans will cover preventive care, doctor visits, hospital stays, maternity care, emergency room care, prescriptions as well as dental and vision for children.
If you are an employer with 50 or fewer employees
- If you choose to offer coverage, you may be eligible for tax credits through Cover Oregon.
- You have new options for purchasing insurance through Cover Oregon.
- Plans must meet new minimum requirements: all will cover preventive care, doctor visits, hospital stays, maternity care, emergency room care, prescriptions and dental/vision benefits for children.