Licensing Application Procedures
- PSI administers the exams. See PSI's
(psiexams.com) website for information for candidates for Oregon licenses, including how to
register for exams, exam outlines, and exam fees. Exam fees are paid directly to PSI at the
time of exam registration.
- Those who need special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities
Act (ADA) or for whom English is a second language (ESL) can request special exam arrangements
by submitting a special accommodations form to PSI. The form is available on PSI's website
in the licensing information bulletin.
Some candidates may be exempt from the prelicensing education and examination
requirement, depending on the type of professional designation held and/or
the line of authority desired, or both.
- A candidate who possesses the Professional Designation CLU-Chartered Life Underwriter applying
for Life or Accident and Health Line
- A candidate who has the Professional Designation CPCU-Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter
applying for Property, Casualty or Accident and Health Line of Authority
- A person who is licensed in another state as an insurance producer for the same lines of
authority for which the person desires to be licensed in Oregon
- A person who is applying for a limited line of authority