Documentation may be needed to verify insurance coverage
The following documentation may be required to verify if there is coverage under insurance policies placed by a producer through a general agent where the general agent failed to place coverage
and the producer does not have an appointment with the insurer.
- A copy of the signed application.
- Proof of payment. This could include a copy of the front and back of the check given to the retail agent/producer by the consumer or a written receipt given to the consumer for payment of premium.
- A copy of the billing statement or confirmation of coverage from the general agent.
- A copy of the front and back of the negotiated check to the general agent from the retail agent/producer.
- If the premium was financed, copies of the premium finance agreement and proof of payment of the down payment. Proof of payment from the premium finance company to the insurer.
- Copies of any signed agreements or contracts between the retail agent/producer and the general agent.