Oregon adopts NAIC guidelines for online courses
Oregon has adopted the following National Association of Insurance Commissioners' (NAIC) Recommended
Guidelines for Online Courses. The division uses these guidelines, plus standards outlined
in Oregon Administrative Rule 836-071-0225,
in approving online continuing education (CE) course submissions.
- Require each agent to enroll for the course before having access to course material.
- Prevent access to the course exam before review of the course materials.
- Prevent downloading of any course exam.
- Provide review questions at the end of each unit/chapter and prevent access to the final
exam until each set of questions are answered at a 70 percent rate.
- Provide final exam questions that do not duplicate unit/chapter questions.
- Prevent alternately accessing course materials and course exams.
- Have monitor affidavit containing specific monitor duties and responsibilities printed
for monitor's use to direct the taking of the final exam. Monitor will complete the affidavit
after the exam is completed.
All continuing education course providers are strongly encouraged to adhere to these guidelines.