Oregon's Occupational Safety and Health Division (Oregon OSHA) announces
a series of public forums to seek input on the agency's penalty structure.
On both the national and state levels, there have been suggestions in recent
years that OSHA penalties are not being used as effectively as they might
to promote health and safety in the workplace. The purpose of the forums will
be to discuss potential changes that could be made to Oregon OSHA penalties
in order to respond to these suggestions.
- Penalties discussion document
- Supplement 1: Employer Size
- Supplement 2: Employer Good Faith
- Supplement 3: Immediate Abatement
- Supplement 4: Employer History
- Oregon OSHA Penalty Structure Scenarios
- Video of June 17, 2010 Forum in Salem. Each video is around 20 minutes long, so we recommend
right-clicking the links and selecting Save Target As... to save the files to your computer
and run from there.
- To comment on the penalties topic, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
FAX: 503-947-7461, mail: Oregon OSHA, PO Box 14480, Salem, OR 97309-0405, or deliver to: 350
Winter St NE, Room 430, Salem.