Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only

    Danae Hammitt   

Vocational Provider Registration

The Workers' Compensation Division registers vocational assistance providers to provide vocational services to Oregon injured workers. The provider must submit an application to the division to become registered. The application includes a description of the types of services the provider will offer, verification of staff member certification, a plan for supervising and training certified staff members, and evidence that the provider meets all applicable state and federal laws.

The division maintains a complete list of the registered providers in Bulletin 151, which includes a list of the provider's certified staff members, the mailing address and phone number, and the name of a contact person. Oregon Administrative Rule (OAR) 436-120-0800 requires a registered provider to notify the division of any changes in its office address, phone number, contact personnel, and updates to the staff member roster within 30 days of these changes.

The certified staff member roster includes the vocational rehabilitation counselors, vocational rehabilitation interns, and return-to-work specialists who are employed by the registered provider.

A registered provider must train and supervise its certified staff members. The provider must supply its certified staff members with division rules, bulletins, and any other information the director provides. The provider is responsible to make sure its certified staff members have the materials and training needed to provide vocational assistance to Oregon injured workers.

A registered provider must maintain records of all the vocational assistance its company provided to Oregon injured workers for four years after any vocational assistance ends.

The director may impose one or more sanctions or penalties against a provider for failure to comply with the administrative rules. The types of penalties could include a director's reprimand, a probation period, suspension of the provider's authorization, or the cancellation of the provider's authorization.

Reference: OAR 436-120
For more information contact:
Employment Services Team: 503-947-7816 or 800-452-0288 (toll-free)

If you have questions about this webpage, please contact Danae Hammitt, 503-947-7018.