Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only

    medical outreach   

Worker requested medical examination

If your workers' compensation claim has been denied by the insurance company based on an independent medical examination (IME), and your doctor (attending physician) disagrees with the IME results, you may be eligible to request a medical examination by a doctor chosen by the Workers' Compensation Division. You may ask the director to decide if you are eligible for an exam. OAR 436-060-0147

When you submit a request for an exam, your request must include:
A statement that you are requesting a worker requested medical examination.
Names and addresses of physicians who have provided medical services to you on this claim or who have provided medical services to you related to the claimed condition.
A copy of the hearing request showing the date the request for hearing was made.
A copy of the letter denying your workers' compensation claim based in part on an insurer medical exam (IME).
A document that shows your attending physician did not concur with the IME report(s).
Mail the request to:

 WCD-Medical Resolution
     PO Box 14480
     Salem OR 97309-0405

If you have questions about this webpage, please contact medical outreach, 503-947-7606.