New and Innovative Product Designs
These instructions do not apply to Qualified Health Plans (QHP's) offered through Cover Oregon.
The Oregon Insurance Division encourages and recognizes that in order for Insurers to maintain competitive strategies it may be necessary to file new product designs that are not defined by statute, are out of the ordinary, or may not fit into a particular category of insurance.
When filing these new and innovative product designs that are considered transacting insurance as defined by ORS 731.146 (http://landru.leg.state.or.us/ors/731.html) we offer the following process to help obtain approval.
Contact Rhonda Saunders-Ricks, Manager of Rates and Forms at 1-503-947-7270 or via e-mail email@example.com to request an informal review prior to filing.
Provide the following information in writing:
- Type of product.
- How the product design is different than products currently in the market.
- Why it doesn't fit into a category.
- Include the completed Product Standards that are the closest to the product you wish to file.
- How it complies or doesn't comply with existing Oregon statute and the Product Standards.
- The need for the product in the market.
- An explanation of the companies targeted market.
- A list of jurisdictions where the product has been filed and approved for use.
The forms may be e-mailed to Rhonda or sent hard copy. By providing the above information the OID can conduct an informal review and provide guidance on problem areas.
By submitting a new product design informally the OID will already be familiar with the product design and compliance concerns will be worked out in advance, expediting the review and approval process.
Innovative QHP's offered through Cover Oregon will be required to include documentation of Cover Oregon's agreement.