Text Size:   A+ A- A   •   Text Only

    Danae Hammitt   

Where can I get help and information on my claim?

Contacting the workers’ compensation insurer

Workers’ Compensation Infoline/Benefit Consultants

Ombudsman for Injured workers

An attorney

The Workers’ Compensation Law

The Administrative rules

Contacting the workers’ compensation insurer
Your claim will be assigned to a claims examiner, also called a claims adjuster, working for the workers’ compensation insurance company from which your employer purchased the insurance. The claims adjuster is available to assist you with your claim. You may contact the claims adjuster at anytime with questions about your claim. You should be sure to ask questions if you don’t understand something or receive any forms or letters that are confusing. You should also keep your claims adjusters up to date on your recovery progress.

Workers’ Compensation Infoline:
Benefit Consultants:

If you are unsure of your rights or have questions about how your claim is being handled, you may contact the Workers’ Compensation Division Infoline. Experts on workers’ compensation law will answer any of your questions. You may also send your questions by

E-mail us: Workcomp.questions@oregon.gov

Benefits & Certification Unit

Ombudsman for Injured workers, an advocate for injured workers  503-378-3351, or toll-free

The Office of the Ombudsman for Injured Workers was established as an independent advocate for Oregon’s injured workers. The Ombudsman’s office helps you with any problems you may have with your claim.

Ombudsman for Injured Workers Website | Spanish
If you have an attorney, he or she is also a resource for you.

Workers’ Compensation Law, ORS 656

The Workers’ Compensation Law was established in 1914. Laws can be changed through the legislative process.

Workers’ Compensation Administrative Rules, OAR 436

The Administrative rules are written to carry out the workers’ compensation law. Rules are reviewed every three years and also when a law is passed or changed by the Legislature.

To Top

If you have questions about this webpage, please contact Danae Hammitt, 503-947-7018.